Friday, June 8, 2007

On My Own...

Yesterday morning I set off alone to a tiny island called Koh Tao. I left the three other guys in the pre dawn hours still sleeping in their mosquito nets on Koh Pha-Ngan, and spent 700 Baht to taxi and ferry about 45 km away. The goal of my 4 day solo voyage is to cram in more dives per day than would usually be healthy; I'm off to a good start as I have spent 4.5 of the past 20 hours submerged.

I am at the Coral View Resort (www.coralview.net) on my own little beach and have the entire resort to myself because it is technically low season. If I had the ability to post pictures you all would be jealous of me.

I told Gid, Joey, and Coles I would see them on Sunday, so I will make my best effort at that time to put down my mango daquiri and roll out of my hammock to journey back south.

3 comments:

Heather said...

wow evan, i am jealous even without seeing the pictures! just don't lose the reef... ;)

Laura said...

Hi Evan - Dad and I are equally jealous - but I wouldn't be me if I didn't remind you to be careful!! Can't wait to hear the stories and see the pictures! Say hi to the fish for me - Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

i am NOT jealous, NH is better than islands.

but i hope you're having fun with the fishies!!! and of course finding the meaning of life on the secluded island... you're almost like henry david thoreau