Wednesday, June 6, 2007

A contest...

Alright, here's a contest for anyone who is actually reading this thing.

We've already told you that Coles popped his credit card into a pay phone on our first day in Hong Kong and was charged "about $10."

Well, the true total just came through. I'll give you a clue: It's above $10.

If you are interested, please post your guesses for the cost of one phone call from Hong Kong to the U.S. when you pop your credit card into a pay phone on the street.

The closest guess will receive a cool Asian trinket, the details of which I will reveal when the winner is crowned.

Have fun, and good luck.

NOTE: We are not playing with "Price is Right" rules, so don't worry about overshooting. The closest absolute guess will win.

11 comments:

ST said...

$30

SJ said...

$55- If its more he's going to want to borrow from me! Yikes!

Anonymous said...

$40. I had a bad experience in France and Germany myself! $25 for a call from Germany to France, then two subsequent calls from France to the US for $20. Luckily I called my credit card company, objected -- they declined such a ridiculous notion as to charge over $5 for a call. SO that worked out.

Unknown said...

$46. I am surprised you guys didn't surreptitiously steal Eyal's credit card before you left and charge the whole trip to him...

Have fun and drink lots of beers for those of us who you so rudely left behind!

Unknown said...

$49.27

I want the trinket!!!

Laura said...

$53 sounds about right!

Anonymous said...

Lindsay and Jackie say $29.65 in US Dollars. And yes, we are willing to share custody of the Asian trinket.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ST said...

My bid is for US$28.00
I got my new Forbes.
There is a report about 2 new breweries being built in Vietnam & Cambodia becoase of a sudden shift in demand. I told them it was because of Evan!
Pops

Unknown said...

$34

Anonymous said...

Brav was right. Defintely a ploy to attract blog traffic. :)