Thursday, June 14, 2007

Back in Action

Welp, we're back in the land of Internets, and were sorry to find that the toopoortogotoeurope.blogspot.com Crew appears to be dominating us in the so-called Blogatition.

But, when you have Internet that is faster than 56k, it's a little easier/less frustrating to post.

We are outside the airport in Khota Bharu, Malaysia (east coast), having just returning to the mainland after a four-day stay on the little island of Pulau Perhentian. After an incredible time there, it is pretty easy to see why it would be named one of the top-10 beaches in the world. The water was crystal clear well beyond 40-50 feet, the sand was as white as I've ever seen it, and after one night in a bungalow without light, we found a cool four-person room that actually had air-conditioning.

So, that's where we've been. Not too much happened over these days, I guess. Coles and I went scuba diving one morning for the first time and had a blast. Gideon hasn't washed his hair in years. Evan has decided never to wash his hair again because he likes the way that it stays wherever he puts it. And we all managed to avoid getting sunburned after a number of awkward sunscreen applications to a partner's back.

Tonight we fly to Kuala Lumpur, arriving near to midnight local time. Then tomorrow morning, Gideon will finally get his stitches out. By tomorrow evening, we hope to be at the entry point to the Malaysian jungle/rain forest (called Taman Negara). We've been told to watch out for leeches.

On Sunday night or maybe Monday, we will return to Kuala Lumpur, spend a day there, and then fly to Singapore on Tuesday morning.

On Wednesday, we fly back to the States.

It's amazing how quickly time has flown. Seems like ages since we first posted from Hong Kong. And I think I speak for everybody when I say that we are excited to share our pictures and stories.

Hope everyone is well. More to come. Coles is eating KFC from a food court at a Malaysian Airport as we speak. I think I might join him.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey guys... I am glad that you are back in touch and that you have had a blast. (I really don't know what to say about those hair issues, though.) Enjoy the last leg of your journey and come home with lots to tell us. I think that it is safe to say, however, that if your stories involve leeches, I will have to take a pass...love, mamamg

Unknown said...

Hey guys... I am glad that you are back in touch and that you have had a blast. (I really don't know what to say about those hair issues, though.) Enjoy the last leg of your journey and come home with lots to tell us. I think that it is safe to say, however, that if your stories involve leeches, I will have to take a pass...love, mamamg

Karen said...

I'm jealous I've missed out on the beach but definitely not the leaches! Enjoy the rainforest! Jackie's mom

Heather said...

evan, you are more like me than you think! i go days without washing my hair and believe the dirtier it is the better it looks. :)

Laura said...

laura and i got you all beat. when we went cross country we didn't SHOWER or wash our hair for weeks on end. wayno