Sunday, May 27, 2007

Checking in Again - Onwards towards the Jungle

Gideon here, checking in again as we prepare to head straight into the mess. Our first two stops, Hong Kong and Singapore, have been relatively tame - but now we head straight into the mess. As Joey has mentioned, it is beyond hot, sweaty, and humid. I have personally gone with the wear a shirt/short/underwear combo until they positively cannot be worn anymore, then retiring them until we find some laundry opportunities...working out so far, more updates in due time.
The tentative plan is to spend 4 days in Vietnam, followed by 4 days in Cambodia, until we finally reach the promised land (great beaches, adventures, relatively clean, and moden) - otherwise known as Thailand, where we plan to spend 12 days. We will finish up the trip with 4 days in Malaysia before flying returning to the states.
Quite a bit of a queue here for the Internet at the hostel so I need to sign off - but hopefully more to come soon.

Gideon

2 comments:

Jackie said...

While you all are braving the jungles of Southeast Asia, I just thought I'd inform you that I am braving the jungles of the Nintendo Wii. That's right, I am now the proud owner of a Nintendo Wii gaming system. Just thought I'd let you all know. :) Hope you are having fun. You are all welcome to play it when you get back. Miss you guys!

Unknown said...

I am proud that despite interet theivery, you all have managed to avoid any caning thus far in singapore. At least according to published accounts.