Saturday, June 9, 2007

All is well --- Contest #2

All is well and I am doing fine. Thanks to Coles' and Joey's great help, wherewithall, and supervision they treated me quickly, and got me to the hospital safely, where the Thai medical staff performed superbly. I am pretty sure it is impossible in America to get to the ER and have five sutures and prescriptions filled within 30 minutes...but it worked out here.

According to former construction employee Coles the machine was a back-hoe rather than a bulldozer...one day Joey and I will learn about construction and manual labor.

Also the total for Coles' phone call was $29.09...at last check Jackie et. al. were closest, but the official winner will be announced when internet is faster/cheaper.

Not to be repetitive but again we found ourselves astonished by the pricing of things; this time a trip to the ER complete with 5 stitches and 2 prescription drugs filled (antibitotic and pain reliever). Again a to-be-determined Asian goodie is up for grabs for the closest guess to the final price.

Finally, I just wanted to thank Joey for posting yesterday's blog about the story. While I individually contacted loved ones, I asked him to give a recount for our loyal readers.

Again, all is well!!

Gideon

5 comments:

Laura said...

Gid - Glad to hear that all's well. Wayno says $11.85 - But what does he know?? Take care!!

Anonymous said...

We won! We won! We won! . . . wait, what exactly did we win?

Sounds like you all are enjoying the beach. We are off to Carlsbad Caverns where there are lots of bats, ahhhhhhhhhh.

Karen said...

Well, I'm glad to hear you used your heads!!! Hospital Emergency Room $50, Prescriptions $25, Blog Story...Priceless! Be safe! Love, Jackie's mom

Unknown said...

Joe-missed you at Relay today but knew you were there in spirit. We ran into many people who were interested in this trip. Your readership may increase very soon! I guess $62. love, MGM

Anonymous said...

hey travelsinsoutheastasia.blogspot.com blogger found your website via yahoo but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have discovered website which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your site http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my website. Hope this helps :) They offer best services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com